Did you know all distilled spirits start off clear as water? It is true... even if we distilled purple potatoes or red corn!
It is the barrel aging process that gives Whiskey it's amber color. Clear, unaged spirits put into a barrel interact with the charred barrel wood which greatly influences the color, smell and taste of the finished product.
We certainly have Whiskey aging in barrels including our favorite varietal Bourbon. While we are patiently waiting for our barrel rested spirits, we are proud to keep our Clear Whiskey on shelves.
There are only 4 ingredients in our Clear Whiskey;
· Filtered water reinfused with select minerals
· Locally grown and freshly milled grains
· Enzymes that help convert our starches into sugars
· Yeast straight from the heart of Bourbon Country
We are proud to say this was Humboldt County's first Whiskey!
Each batch is 100% of a single grain.
Varietals include; Soft White Alturas Wheat, Hard Red Hollis Wheat, Gazelle Rye and AGS-104 Rye.
Genever style Gin
Our barrel aged Genever Style Gin debuted August 2016
· A traditional Gin typically starts with a neutral base such as Vodka.
· Our Gin starts with a base of our Boldt Clear Whiskey. We did not want to strip this freshly milled grain flavor... rather we allow it to costar with the botanicals. The result is a Genever style Gin... often referred to as a Whiskey-lovers Gin.
· Our botanical blend includes the traditional flavors of Juniper and Star Anise as well as some unique, local flavors.
· Our Genever style Gin is barrel rested for a minimum of 50 days before being bottled.
Straight Whiskey and Bourbon- AVAILABLE JUNE 2018 AND BEYOND
Did you know all Bourbon is Whiskey but not all Whiskey is Bourbon?
Here are the legal requirements to call Whiskey a Straight Bourbon.
• Produced in the United States
• Mash bill that is at least 51% corn
• Aged in new, charred Oak barrels
• A minimum aging requirement of 2 years.
• If aged less than four years the Bourbon must state the age of the spirit on the bottle
Corn is the one grain we do not currently have access to in Humboldt County so we were forced to source outside of our area.
We are thrilled to have found a California corn that is organically grown & certified by the NON-GMO project.
We cooked up our first batch of Bourbon on Amy's birthday- March 12th, 2017.
We will let it barrel age for a minimum of 2 years as required by law, then dump & bottle it on March 12, 20??
BIRTHDAY BOURBON MASH BILL
White Corn grown in Woodland, CA- 280 miles from Alchemy
Gazelle Rye grown in Junction City, OR- 318 miles from Alchemy
Hollis Wheat grown in Honeydew, CA- 75 miles from Alchemy
Glee Wheat grown in Redcrest, CA- 47 miles from Alchemy
Los Bagels Whiskey- AVAILABLE 2019